Sunday, March 22, 2009

New Brew (Black Lager-Partial Extract)

Wednesday 03/18/09 I bottled my Cooper's HEritage Lager that I had brewed and began a new batch of black lager. I bought the kit from our local homebrew supply shop, check them out at here. I am used to simply boing water, putting in the syrup, filling and fermenting. This kit was not a syrup kit but a partial extract kit, I have to prepare the mash. add the hops and all of that fun stuff. I was nervous but I started it around 9pm and ended around midnight. It wasnt as hard as I thought it would be and it was actually more rewarding that the extract kits I have been using. After pitching the yeast OG was 1.034 and when I took a reading tonight SG is currently 1.015. I will update again in a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment